What are Accreditation standards?
Accreditation bodies operate according to ISO/IEC 17011. Accredited entities in specific sectors must provide evidence to the accreditation body that they conform to other standards in the same series:
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17020: “General criteria for the operation of various types of bodies performing inspection” (2004)
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17021: “Conformity assessment. Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems” (2011)
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17024: “Conformity Assessment. General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons” (2003)
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17025: “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories” (2005)
* As seen in the guides for the: U. S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. approved exams are part of an accredited business school program in New York USA.